This is the recipe to my Dad's multi-award winning chili. Make it as mild or as hot as you like. It's never disappointing!
3 lbs. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
3 Packets of McCormick Chili Seasoning (pick your level of warmth)
1 cup Water
1 pint Salsa
3 cans Stewed Tomatos (chopped or sliced)
3 cans Dark Kidney Beans
1. In a stock pot on high heat. Brown ground beef and onions together. Add any additional seasonings you might like for your meat.
2. Add chili seasoning and water. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add salsa. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatos. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add kidney beans. Bring to a boil then turn off heat and let sit until ready to serve.
Key to this recipe is to make sure chili does not scorch. If it does, it more than likely cannot be salvaged.