Friday, October 11, 2013

THE Famous Family Meatloaf

For just about forever (or for as long as I can remember) we have used the same meatloaf recipe. It came from my sister's childhood cookbook (and yes, I am the mean little sister who swiped it and kept if for herself ;0) ). It is fantastic and super easy. It even transitioned with us when I started using ground turkey instead of ground beef.
 It is a staple recipe in this house and I just realized after all this time that it was never posted here. If I should ever lose this book, I'd be devastated since it's out of print and my favorite meatloaf recipe would be gone with it. So, without further ado, here it is!



Ingredients

1 egg
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I use ketchup most of the time)
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs or cracker crumbs (I've used both of those, broken up herbed stuffing or even oatmeal in a pinch)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I just chop up half an onion and throw it in there...maybe the whole one if it's small)
2 pounds ground beef (as stated before, I use ground turkey)
2 teaspoons salt (sometimes I use garlic salt)
1/8 teaspoon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break egg into a bowl, add tomato sauce and beat until fluffy.
3. Add bread crumbs, onion, meat, salt and pepper. Mix well with hands.
4. Place mixture in a lightly greased loaf pan and pat into shape.
5. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done (sometimes mine doesn't take that long).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I am so very glad you stopped by! Happy Eating!!

Amber.