Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bountiful Baskets Haul!!!

Today was the pick-up day for our Bountiful Baskets location. I volunteered to help unload the truck, sort the veggies and help with the distribution. I did help unload the truck but spent most of the time filling baggies full of green beans. I had a great time and you get a little extra item for helping out so, I got a few extra bananas since we go through TONS of them! So, here is what came in the regular $15 basket this week!


1 cauliflower
1 pkg mushrooms
1 honeydew melon
3 summer squash
6 tomatoes
1 English cucumber
1 bundle green onions
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 stalk of celery
1 pineapple
6 bananas
1 bag green beans

I also got the lunchbox pack for an additional $10.50. This is what I got:


1 3lb bag of Granny Smith apples
1 bag of green seedless grapes
1 1lb bag of baby carrots
4 bananas
4 pears
5 small yellow apples

And that's not all!! I also got this delivery's veggie lover pack. It was Mexican themed. It was $8.50. It came with:


6 tomatillos
5 limes
4 jalapeƱos
6 small avocados
1 bunch of cilantro
8 chilie peppers
2 onions
1 garlic

I am in love with Bountiful Baskets!! If you have a location in your area, it's totally worth a try! It comes every other week and as we're not huge veggie eaters,
we can make the basket last for almost the two weeks. I can't wait to try the bread the next time around. I skipped it again this time and I am kicking myself...again!

For more information on Bountiful Baskets or to find a location near you go to http://www.bountifulbaskets.org

Here's a picture of our very first basket. It just keeps getting better and better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I am so very glad you stopped by! Happy Eating!!

Amber.