Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Melly's Mac & Cheese

I have no clue how to make mac & cheese NOT out of a box. So, Melly as usual is here to rescue me! Here's her recipe so I don't lose it!

Ingredients:
elbow macaroni (cooked as usual)
shredded cheese (I usually use a combination of cheddar and colby jack
1 c. milk
1 egg
salt and pepper
a few pats of butter (about 5)
Directions:
I put a layer of elbow macaroni, then a layer of cheese, then another layer of macaroni and another layer of cheese. Then I beat the egg in a mixing cup and add the milk to 1 c. Sprinkle in salt and pepper and stir. Then pour egg mixture over the top of the layered macaroni and cheese. Top with pats of butter. Bake @ 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I am so very glad you stopped by! Happy Eating!!

Amber.