Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Strawberry Custard Cake


I haven't made this in a VERY long time but LOVE it!!! It's super easy. You can use any fruit you want. I originally had this with rhubarb and it was excellent but I like it with strawberries. I've also made it with blueberries and a strawberry/blueberry mix. You just can't go wrong...it is wonderful. I'm making it today for Mother's Day dessert. I can't wait!!!

Ingredients
  • 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
  • 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
  Directions

  • Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with strawberries and sugar. Slowly pour cream over top.
  • Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.

  • Note: If using frozen fruit, measure fruit while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I am so very glad you stopped by! Happy Eating!!

    Amber.