Saturday, August 17, 2013

Our Awesome Lunchbox - PlanetBox

SuperStar Lunch with Strawberry Jelly & Banana Sandwich

Many folks have asked about my son's lunch box. Well, I finally thought I should blog on it and will start posting some of his famous "SuperStar Lunches" as he calls them! So, first of all. What is it?? It is a full stainless steel lunch kit made by Planet Box. It has several compartments for all his food and even has some small stainless steel dishes for wet foods. We ended up purchasing his at Pottery Barn Kids since they had them with prints on the outer case when we went to just "look" since I wasn't going to invest in one until I saw it. WARNING: it is an investment. We were lucky and got his on clearance since it was a previous years print and dished out around $50 for it. I happily paid it knowing I wasn't going to be purchasing lots of little plastic baggies or have him tear up several cheap lunch bags that you get free with your backpack purchase at the beginning of each year. I only use one plastic baggie a day for his snack and that may even go to a more reusable option soon as well. It isn't microwave safe but for a cold lunch it has been PERFECT. So, Pottery Barn Kids carries this normally for $69.95. (OUCH!! I know, right!!) PlanetBox does have a website where you can purchase them as well but they have solid colored carrying cases and you can pick your own fun magnets and other accessories. The one we use is the Rover. It's the perfect size for all the variety of things this bottomless pit I have loves to eat. PlanetBox sells the Rover with the satellite containers, magnets and case for $59.95. They also sell other sizes and you can customize what you really want. They have a great Facebook page too that gives LOTS of ideas for lunches. My little guy isn't too adventurous with his lunches but he LOVES having things in shapes right now. So, I get to have a little fun in the kitchen. May take me a few extra minutes but he knows this Momma has made his lunch with love and care!

PlanetBox with Pottery Barn Kids Robot Cover

SuperStar Lunch with Cheese Quesadilla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I am so very glad you stopped by! Happy Eating!!

Amber.